It’s been a big year in parenting news, from “The World’s Meanest Mom” to the Nebraska Safe Haven law, controversy over the growing number of parents refusing vaccines, to the heartbreaking story, still unfolding, of Caylee Anthony. Here at EP, we’ve been blogging on these topics and more all year, and you’ve been responding in droves with your insights, opinions and questions. On behalf of everyone here at EP, thank you for reading and adding your voice to our community of 150,000 parents, grandparents, teachers, and caregivers.
So here they are, without further adieu — your top EP blog posts of 2008…
(*We listed each of these blog posts for one of two reasons: either because of the number of times they were read, or the number of comments and questions they inspired in our readers.)
10. ADHD: To Medicate or Not or Not Medicate? by Dr. Bob Myers
9. The Mommy Wars: Stay-at-Home vs. Working Moms by Elisabeth Wilkins, EP Editor
8. Have You Caught Your Child Lying? by Parent Blogger Toni Vitanza
7. How My Marijuana-Abusing Son Turned His Life Around by Parent Blogger Kathy Pride
6. Do You Vaccinate Your Child? Elisabeth Wilkins, EP Editor
5. Ask 1-on-1 Coaching: Am I Giving My Son the Right Consequences? By Megan Devine, LCPC and 1-on-1 Coach
4. ADHD Treatment with No Side Effects? by Dr. Bob Myers
3. One Mom’s Confession: I Love My Child, but I Don’t Always Like Him Very Much by Dr. Joan Munson
2. What to Do When Your Child is Excluded? by Elisabeth Wilkins, EP Editor
1. Nebraska Safe Haven Law Points to Desperate Families in Need of Help by James Lehman, MSW
I would also like to give a HUGE shout out to our team of Parent Bloggers, who have been doing a phenomenal job writing about the tough parenting issues we all face. Thanks to Toni Vitanza, Lola Howle, Kathy Pride, Annita Woz, Single Dad RJ Jaramillo, Frank Brogni and Dr. Maria for your insights and honesty.
And by the way, if you’re interested in blogging for us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Happy 2009, Everyone! Here’s wishing you peace and happiness in the new year.