Holiday Recipe For Disaster
At EmpoweringParents.com, our online parent coaches love to cook and share recipes. This year’s winning recipe comes courtesy of several of the parents we work with. We call it the “Recipe for Disaster” and it’s being served in many homes this year:
- 1 or more parents at wits’ end
- 1 child with behavior problems, disrespect preferred
- Several judgmental relatives
- A big dash of high expectations
- Some bitter resentment for flavor
- Take wits’ end parents and misbehaving child and let simmer for weeks, months, or even years (the longer the better).
- Mix in the judgemental relatives.
- Add a big dash of high expectations.
- Bring mixture to a high heat, stirring the pot occasionally.
- Allow to boil over and then remove from heat.
- Add some bitter resentment for flavor and serve icy cold.
- Pro Tip: save the leftovers, they can last indefinitely.
Of course, it doesn’t have to be this way. At EmpoweringParents.com we have hundreds of recipes for better child behavior and a more peaceful home.
Related content: Holiday Stress: How to Keep Calm and Avoid Fighting with Your Kids