10 Minutes / 10 Questions to Ask Your Kids this Thanksgiving
By Single Dad
Here’s a great project for all Moms and Dads to do with their kids this Thanksgiving. I want you to play the “interviewer”… like a news reporter. But this time, the celebrity you are about to interview is your child. This is a great way to start some real conversations with your kids. (Anyone taking a long car ride this holiday?) It’s also a good way to practice the art of listening — something we all need a reminder to do once in awhile. Take a look at these 10 questions and please blog back your (or your child’s) answers to share with other readers of EP: You might be surprised at what you hear!
1. Who is your current hero… and why?
2. Do you remember your first birthday or Christmas..What was it like for you?
3. Speaking of holidays, what is your favorite part about Thanksgiving?
4. What is your favorite and least favorite food at Thanksgiving?
5. Who is your favorite relative to see during the holidays?
6. What will you be most thankful for this Thanksgiving?
7. If you had $1 dollar to give anyone in the world, who would you give it to and why?
8. What is one thing that you do with Dad/Mom now that makes you happy?
9. What would you grow up to be if you had to choose today?
10. If you could ask your Dad/Mom to do one thing differently, what would it be?
This worked out so well with my kids that I decided to interview my dad, too. Here’s the link to the video interview. Now let us know how your interviews go, and what you learn about your family this Thanksgiving.